Mint-4.0-KDE A+++++++

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
w6kkt
Level 1
Level 1

Mint-4.0-KDE A+++++++

Post by w6kkt »

I'm a distro jockey, and have for the last three years TRIED to install, and use as my main OS, almost every popular linux distrubition. Mint-4.0-KDE, Ubuntu 8.04 & PClinuxOS (in that order) have been the best, by far. "Kubuntu" is a joke, in my opinion, and has been since it's beginning, with install problems, their fear of including "codecs" , etc.etc. "Mint" on the other hand, has always been the install that works out of the box. Period!

Thank You Mint team for a wonderful OS.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Intel Pentium G3220
Asrock H81M-ITX mb
8gb PC3 ram
1x samsung 128gb ssd
Samsung dvd burner
Silverstone SG05 ITX case
Jesse (w6kkt)
DurrHurr

Re: Mint-4.0-KDE A+++++++

Post by DurrHurr »

Might want to read up on why Ubuntu doesn't include propietary drivers/codecs and such things before making it seem like it is detrimental.
w6kkt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w6kkt »

DerrHerr, thanks for the reply. You might want to include a link to what you would like me to read. It's my opinion, Ubuntu, Ubuntu-Mint and PClinuxOS are about the best of the best PC operating systems for the average user. I include any version of Windows when making that comparison. Not long ago a friend of mine asked me to reinstall Windows XP on his computer that had developed a very bad virus. I had forgotten how time consuming it was getting a complete Windows system installed, with all the different hardware drivers, and individual programs needing to be installed. Linux has spoiled this distro jockey. :D
Intel Pentium G3220
Asrock H81M-ITX mb
8gb PC3 ram
1x samsung 128gb ssd
Samsung dvd burner
Silverstone SG05 ITX case
Jesse (w6kkt)
papabearak

Post by papabearak »

I recently installed Mint 4.0 KDE, and after using it for several days, I have to say, it is a thing of beauty! The installed software base is fantastic, covering virtually all my needs. I only had to install wine, VirtualBox, krita, Picasa2, and PhotoShop, to complete my fully functional system There are a few bugs, related to the Gutsy core, which we have also experienced in our latest betas of Klikit-Linux. (I'm a member of the team helping to develop Klikit.) Even with the minor bugs, though, Mint KDE is eminently useable. It's hard to believe that it's not even an "official: release. You folks have done a great job! I am really looking forward to trying out the Hardy-based version when it becomes available. I'd actually like to see the Mint team and the Klikit team put their heads together . I think each team could learn from the other, and both distros would be better as a result. Cheers! Ben

Return to “Software & Applications”