Gedit lost after upd-7

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Stoned

Gedit lost after upd-7

Post by Stoned »

I find many dependency problem in update7 of lmde cinnamon.
After more work, now i have a working desktop...but my "friend" Gedit desappear!
When try to install it with apt, i find that it depend to gir1.2-peas-1.0 libpeas-1.0-0, that dipends to libgjs0c...
But the only way to install libgjs0c seem to be remove libgjs0b...and all cinnamon seem to depend to it!
How can i have again "my best friend" with me ? :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Gedit lost after upd-7

Post by Monsta »

I think the only solution is to install the old versions of gir1.2-peas-1.0 and libpeas-1.0-0 (from UP6). They don't depend on libgjs0c.
You'll need version 1.4.0-2. You can get both packages from here: http://snapshot.debian.org/package/libpeas/1.4.0-2/
xfoo

Post by xfoo »

I have roughly the same issue, packages gir1.2-peas-1.0 and libpeas-1.0-0 have been held back (version 1.4.0-2 installed, 1.8.1-1 available). Upgrading is not possible because of broken dependencies (cinnamon, etc...). Gedit is functioning, but the plugins (from gedit-plugins) are not ("Could not load plugin loader 'python3'", and no gedit plugin configuration folder exists).
I am not sure I understand the issue very well, but does that mean that gedit+plugins and cinnamon/nemo/etc cannot cohabit ? Is there a known work-around ?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

xfoo wrote:I have roughly the same issue, packages gir1.2-peas-1.0 and libpeas-1.0-0 have been held back (version 1.4.0-2 installed, 1.8.1-1 available). Upgrading is not possible because of broken dependencies (cinnamon, etc...).
Yes, it's not possible because of the gjs issue described in [url=http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/update-pack.html]the Update Pack notes[/url].
xfoo wrote:I am not sure I understand the issue very well, but does that mean that gedit+plugins and cinnamon/nemo/etc cannot cohabit ? Is there a known work-around ?
GEdit will work while its plugins that require the newer version of libpeas-1.0-0 will not.
xfoo

Post by xfoo »

Thank you for the quick answer. No work around that then ? Should we just wait UP8 ? :-/
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Not UP8, but Cinnamon 2.0.

Return to “LMDE Archive”