Mint KDE 13 touchpad not working [PLEASE DELETE]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miauriel

Mint KDE 13 touchpad not working [PLEASE DELETE]

Post by miauriel »

Hello everone.

Im sorry if this has been answered but I have not found a solved thread here or elsewhere. The KDE install went great until I did the post install updates. Where I rebooted I lost my touchpad and have not been able to rectify the situation. it still works with live cd's and my keyboard is fine. I am running a Toshiba Satellite l650 with 4 gb ram.

Please help as my unit is deploying into the field soon and I need my laptop!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pelleoss

Re: Mint KDE 13 touchpad not working

Post by pelleoss »

Hi miauriel,
Check if you have flagged the option to disable touchpad when another external mouse is plugged in.
I enabled this option but the result was I was not able to use my touchpad at all, even when my mouse was unplugged.
So I chose the option to disable touchpad for X sec while typing. In this way everything works fine.

Don't remember were these options are... let me know if you can find them. In case I can check better at home on my linux pc.
miauriel

Re: Mint KDE 13 touchpad not working [PLEASE DELETE]

Post by miauriel »

Thank you for your response. I borrowed a working USB mouse and could not get the cursor to move. I have instead installed Mint KDE 15 and there have been no cursor issues, althoguh there are problems updating from some repositories.
this is an issue I am researching now. Also deserving of a new topic.

Return to “Software & Applications”