Mate Themes

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nostromo

Mate Themes

Post by nostromo »

Is it possible to install these themes in Mint Maya (13) Mate edition....
http://mate-desktop.org/2013/03/26/new-themes/
Menta
GreenLaguna
BlackMATE
I cant find anywhere to download them from,i'm running: MATE Desktop Environment 1.2.0,
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Mate Themes

Post by nomko »

Probably you should update your version of Mate in order to install these kind of themes. You can find instructions [url=http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-mate-1-6-on-ubuntu-linux-mint-debian-and-fedora/]here[/url].
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

Thanks nomko,That's what I was wondering.
If I upgrade Mate,and start having problems
is it pretty easy to roll back to the original?
felipe.user

Post by felipe.user »

Don't update mate, just download the themes and extract it to .themes folder in your home desktop...
nomko

Post by nomko »

felipe.user wrote:Don't update mate, just download the themes and extract it to .themes folder in your home desktop...
Reading is a problem, isn't?
The topic starter says that he/she has Mate version: MATE Desktop Environment 1.2.0, the theme he/she wants is made for Mate version: MATE 1.6.. It could work, it could not work. Best to avoid any issues/problems/not laoding the theme is to upgrade MAte.
felipe.user

Post by felipe.user »

uhh princess xd. Upgrade is for troubles, they first should try to load the themes in mate 1.2 and if they not work fine then upgrade. You are not respectfull.
nomko

Post by nomko »

felipe.user wrote:Upgrade is for troubles
A properly performed update of the Mate desktop should give no problems. You're only updating the desktop, not the whole system. When i was running Mint 14 with Cinnamon, I updated the cinnamon version from 1.6 to 1.8 without any noticeable issues.

And when a theme is specially made for a single version (in this case version 1.6) and the theme itself is not backwards compatible, it's not worth trying out that theme..

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”