mint 15 software manager errors

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mint_values

mint 15 software manager errors

Post by mint_values »

I type the password to open software manager and then...nothing. In the update manager I get this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR
E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_raring_partner_i18n_Translation-en, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
The bit about not being parsed or opened is the same error I get when trying to get update and upgrade from the terminal.

If there is an existing thread which deals with this please direct me to it. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: mint 15 software manager errors

Post by karlchen »

Hi, mint_values.

Redirecting you to: [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=146300&hilit=%2Fvar%2Flib%2Fapt%2Flists%2F]Updates being blocked.[/url]

Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
mint_values

Re: mint 15 software manager errors

Post by mint_values »

Exactly the correct answer. I followed the link, followed the instructions and problem is solved. Thank you Karl.

Return to “Software & Applications”