Installing Citrix client on LMDE 15

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Thinktank

Installing Citrix client on LMDE 15

Post by Thinktank »

I can't get this to work. I have downloaded the .deb from citrix.com, but it displays a missing dependency lib32asound2.

I am running 64bit Mint15 and have installed the ia32-libs package. Really need a working Citrix client for work. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tvicol

Re: Installing Citrix client on LMDE 15

Post by tvicol »

me too ... please some help !!!
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Since most of the people here probably have no idea what software you're talking about, you'll have to point us to the exact webpage where you've downloaded it from.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

No, it's because we have [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=122296]multiarch[/url] now and lib32asound2 is obsolete (in fact, it's not present in Testing anymore).
As you correctly mentioned, the solution is to install 32-bit version in your 64-bit system. That's what multiarch is for, after all. :)
tvicol

Post by tvicol »

Thanks ! Got it working using x86 package.
However you need to edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/icaclient.postinst
as per advice on this thread http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1640253

Here's what I did to get it to install:
1. Install the .deb and let it fail
2. Edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/icaclient.postinst
3. Replace the line that says echo $Arch|grep "i[0-9]86" >/dev/null with *echo $Arch|grep -E "i[0-9]86|x86_64" >/dev/null (note the -E after grep!)
4. Run dpkg --configure icaclient
UNQUOTE

Return to “LMDE Archive”