hide mounted volumes?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leo5111
Level 4
Level 4

hide mounted volumes?

Post by leo5111 »

i have my disk set to automount but i dont want to seee them on the desktop so how do i hide them, also how do i get a normal clock to show 3.50pm like that instead of 24 hour format? thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: hide mounted volumes?

Post by caribriz »

Varies between cinnamon versions -

Try
Cinnamon Settings > Desktop - uncheck "Show mounted volumes on the desktop"
or
System Settings > Desktop ...

Edit: Reading altair4's reply below - I may have misunderstood the question :oops:

But .....For the clock:
Click Clock > Date and Time Settings
Click "Switch to Advanced Mode" if haven't already (this only needed If using Cinnamon 1.8+)
On the line - Date format for the panel - try this for the time section after the date:

Code: Select all

%-I:%M%P
Last edited by caribriz on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: hide mounted volumes?

Post by altair4 »

i have my disk set to automount but i dont want to seee them on the desktop so how do i hide them
I assume you mean you have an entry in /etc/fstab to have these non-system partitions automount?

Change mount points. Anything mounted to your home directory or to /media/Something will display a mount icon on the desktop. But if you mount it to /mnt/Something ( for example ) it will not.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Cinnamon”