Installation LMDE201303 64-Bit Mate crashes on Samsung NP10

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ChristianF

Installation LMDE201303 64-Bit Mate crashes on Samsung NP10

Post by ChristianF »

The installation of LMDE 201303 64-Bit on a Samsung NP10-plus crashes while copying all necessary files.
Starting the system by means of an USB-stick is without any error, configuring the installation options works fine.
After that, the copying starts. When copying the linux-system files the installation crashes. After that it seems that never
any installation had been started yet. You can start over again (it will crash again).
A previous version of LMDE could be installed on the same hardware without any error!
The behaviour is always the same, when i try to repeat.
I have downloaded the iso-image again; same result.
Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Installation LMDE201303 64-Bit Mate crashes on Samsung N

Post by cwsnyder »

Have you checked the md5sum on both of your downloads against the md5sum on http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=100 , that is have you opened a terminal window, navigated to your downloads directory and executed md5sum linuxmint* to obtain the md5sum of your installation .iso file, or have you used the check disk option from the installation media, if available?

Your question seems to me to indicate a problem with either your installation media or your download.
ChristianF

Post by ChristianF »

Yes, this was also my first idea. So i have double checked the MD5. I have also started on the USB the "Integity Check". It finished successful.
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

One other thought: Check your target drive. Make sure you have enough space, that you are properly connected, and that you can access the drive, perhaps by running gparted or fdisk -l (that is a lowercase L).
ChristianF

Post by ChristianF »

Have checked the comlete disk: Space for OS is 20Gb. e2fsck finished successful.
Tried live installer from terminal. Crashed with:
"/usr/bin live-installer: line 3: 5208 killed /usr/bin/python2.7 -tt /usr/lib/live-installer/main.py $*"
Meanwhile i did another test: LMDE201303 with 32Bit Mate installed successfully . . . but 64Bit don't.
ChristianF

Post by ChristianF »

Update.
Solved by this way: Connected my NC10 to the external power-supply (even the battery was at 100% when starting the first installations). With the power-supply connected it installed successfully. But i still don't know why...

Can anybody show me how to mark this thread as "solved"?
Thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”