Broadcom & LM5

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Clint

Broadcom & LM5

Post by Clint »

Hi all,

after several days of trying with LM5 I could not get my Broadcom Airforce 1 wireless card working at all. All worked fine in LM4, I even did a hard drive install and wiped my LM4 out and it still did not work. The restricted drivers loaded ok, I could see my network, but it just would not connect. I have had help from one person, and thanks very much to him, but it still does not work.

I downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 and it worked fine, I really cannot see why it does not work in LM5, i will keep trying and post any results on here, if anyone would like further info then please contact me.

thanks mint team

clint
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Broadcom & LM5

Post by Husse »

What's the lspci for that card?
Is it
14e4:4318 (rev 02)
then step 2a in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... ca757b2851
would work
Clint

Post by Clint »

HI,

lspci as follows

06:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

and i did try 2a, still not working

thanks anway

Clint
Husse

Post by Husse »

Sorry you have to take two steps
first lspci
Which in your case gave
06:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)
then lspci -n to find the pci id
You get a list with lines like this
00:06.0 0101: 10de:0053 (rev f2)
find 06:02.0 in the first column. Then you get the pci id in the last column
You use that pci id to select the proper step 2
If that's 2a then we have to use something else
But it is important that you do all steps exactly as described (except for creating a folder in home)

Return to “Hardware Support”