Trackpoint issues on thinkpad

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
labchimp

Trackpoint issues on thinkpad

Post by labchimp »

Hi, I'm brand new to linux,

My trackpoint is extremely slow on my linux mint installation and the built in mouse sensitivity utility does not work. Is there any way to change the sensitivity of the trackpoint? I tried to download configure trackpoint but it doesn't seem to launch. I would appreciate step by step instructions, thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linuxer

Re: Trackpoint issues on thinkpad

Post by Linuxer »

Try installing configure-trackpoint: http://tpctl.sourceforge.net/configure-trackpoint.html

After you download it, you install it with the GDebi Package Installer. It's very easy to use and should solve your problem.
g2k

Re: Trackpoint issues on thinkpad

Post by g2k »

Hi, what kind of thinkpad do you have: make and model?

I will try to help you if I can. I'm using a thinkpad x40.

Return to “Beginner Questions”