think penguin: Penguin Wee 3rd Gen

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shengchieh

think penguin: Penguin Wee 3rd Gen

Post by shengchieh »

I am in the market for a budget desktop. In particular, I looking at Penguin Wee 3rd Gen by Think Penguin. I can't find reviews for this machine - too much "penguin wee" on the internet.
Penguin Wee 3rd Gen by Think Penguin is at

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/ ... ux-desktop

I notice you can have LM pre-installed.

Has anyone brought any desktop from Think Penguin? If so, what kind and what was your experience.

Also, if you have reference to any other budget (under $400) pre-installed linux (definitely no window OS) desktop, please post.

Thanks!

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. I'm a former fluxbox and XFCE LM user while fluxbox LM was active and XFCE LM was under 4G.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: think penguin: Penguin Wee 3rd Gen

Post by shengchieh »

*** bump ***

I find it hard to believe no one brought from Think Penguin. LM has a partnership with Think Penguin and Think Penguin is LM store.
If I buy, it would be LM pre-installed. Doesn't anyone has feedback on the quality of Think Penguin's items?

errata: On

http://www.linuxmint.com/store_computers.php (LM store)

you have price starting at $249. It should be $299.

Sheng-Chieh
passerby

Post by passerby »

I haven't bought a PC from ThinkPenguin, but I have purchased a wireless card.
Just as advertised, works great with Mint, no third-party drivers or anything required.

If you're willing to spend a little more, I recommend looking at the low-end System76 PCs.
Much better specs for the cost, and they're far easier to find reviews for.
Nenix

Post by Nenix »

I just bought a Snares Penguin GNU / Linux Notebook from thinkpenguin using the Linux mint link. The reason I bought this over a system76 is that it has 100% free software supported hardware. I never did research the system76 desktops but only the laptops and it seems that some of the drivers are using prioritory drivers. This may be something to think about when choosing what it is your looking for be it a desktop or a laptop. Plus using Thinkpenguin you can support mint with a 10% of the profits.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”