Netgear WG111v2 problems

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Netgear WG111v2 problems

Post by Guest »

I tried installing my Netgear WG111 USB Wireless Internet adapter on Linux Mint and since there are no Linux drivers for it I used the the Windows drivers with the Ndis GTK that came with Linux and it asked for the .inf file for the driver. I installed the drivers and the program said that it found the hardware but when I tried connecting to the web it still didn't work. I guess it's something with the network configuration but I'm a complete newbie with Linux so I don't really know what to do next. So if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Netgear WG111v2 problems

Post by Husse »

Check the wiki for wifi
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/MintWifi
Topic moved to the wireless section
Verne

Re: Netgear WG111v2 problems

Post by Verne »

I got that card working in Mint on a whitebox pc. Just use the windows 98 driver .inf file. then save it to your desktop and go to mint wireless and browse to it and do the thing you do to insert it in the windows interface then it works.

really good actually.

Return to “Networking”