Best web browser for Linux mint 2013.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Shay255

Best web browser for Linux mint 2013.

Post by Shay255 »

What is your favorite web browser for Linux mint in 2013. Is it Google chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera or some of the lesser known browsers. I wanna know what the best browser for Linux mint in 2013 is :D.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Best web browser for Linux mint 2013.

Post by xenopeek »

Moved your topic here from the support section.

"Best web browser" is probably a very subjective choice :wink:
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

My favorite one is Chromium - it seems to run and load websites very fast, and it's simple to use. :)
But the best one is... INTERNET EXPLORER :lol:
natalsmith40

Post by natalsmith40 »

My favorite one is SlimBoat Web Browser from http://www.slimboat.com . It is packed with convenient features so that I don't have to hunt for plugins all over the place. And it loads very fast as well.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I prefer Opera, but I won''t ask anyone to follow me..
--others have other choices.
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

Opera is the best browser by a clear mile...
Seetha raman

Post by Seetha raman »

Best web browser Google chrome.
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

Im using always Mozilla Firefox and I like it because of it customisation options. My spare browser is Google Chrome.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

RacerBG wrote:My spare browser is ...
Many people these days have a spare" browser I think :lol: I think that, like you, many even feel the need for having a spare. Firefox for me too, with Chrome as spare. I'm experimenting a bit with QupZilla.
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

xenopeek wrote:
RacerBG wrote:My spare browser is ...
Many people these days have a spare" browser I think :lol: I think that, like you, many even feel the need for having a spare. Firefox for me too, with Chrome as spare. I'm experimenting a bit with QupZilla.
I have one because when Im using my mobile connection sometimes it feels faster on the other - that's why I prefer to have 2 and IF something very wrong happen and one is deleted then I can use the other to recover. :wink:
Incentive I.C

Post by Incentive I.C »

I use Firefox because of everything it can do but i have Midori as a backup. It would be kind of cool to see a native Safari that is good. I have seen it for the new OsX as it simple beautiful.konqueror is nice if you want something different. I just hope HTLM5 hurry and takes over becuase flash player just really takes up to much Ram and it can really slow your computer down
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

Incentive I.C wrote:I use Firefox because of everything it can do but i have Midori as a backup. It would be kind of cool to see a native Safari that is good. I have seen it for the new OsX as it simple beautiful.konqueror is nice if you want something different. I just hope HTLM5 hurry and takes over becuase flash player just really takes up to much Ram and it can really slow your computer down
I noticed that when I opened one flash game for instance (Angry Birds on FB) my memory raised from around 380 MB to 1580 MB!
passerby

Post by passerby »

Firefox, purely because of noscript. Otherwise I'd be back on Chromium.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I love Google Chrome. I can install a new version of Mint, or use my daughter's computer, and I have all my browser config and bookmarks available without any extra effort.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

natalsmith40 wrote:My favorite one is SlimBoat Web Browser from http://www.slimboat.com . It is packed with convenient features so that I don't have to hunt for plugins all over the place. And it loads very fast as well.
SlimBoat is a great browser but it is not well-known :D When it comes to browsing I always go with Opera and firefox :D
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

abnvolk wrote: But the best one is... INTERNET EXPLORER :lol:
I would definitely rather use Internet Explorer than this one :
Seetha raman wrote:Best web browser Google chrome.
And this is probably the reason :
austin.texas wrote:I love Google Chrome. I can install a new version of Mint, or use my daughter's computer, and I have all my browser config and bookmarks available without any extra effort.
skywolfblue
Level 3
Level 3

Post by skywolfblue »

Firefox.

Add-ons are king, especially No-Script, which I regard to be mandatory for browsing the web.

For all it's purported "lightness" I wouldn't touch Google chrome with a ten foot pole. I'm not going to trust a web browser from a company who's primary source of income is selling my info to advertisers.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

iceweasel / firefox... with addons.
Nilla Wafer

Post by Nilla Wafer »

I'm really liking Seamonkey lately! I decided to try it when Firefox and Thunderbird stopped communicating properly with each other. Clicking on a link in Thunderbird used to automatically open Firefox and go to the URL in the email, but just quit working one day. Clicking on an e-mail address in Firefox used to open Thunderbird and automatically start a new composition window addressed to the recipient in the link. That too just stopped working one day.

Seamonkey is still a Mozilla project, and having really enjoyed FF and T-Bird for so long I thought I should look at Mozilla's other stuff before exploring totally unfamiliar new browsers. I'm really glad I did! It seems a little faster than Firefox, has most of the add-on compatibility, and of course, perfect integration between the browser, the e-mail client, and the additional goodies (IRC chat, HTML editor). It "feels like" an older and slightly faster version of Firefox and Thunderbird in a nice all-in-one "Internet suite." I really like it! And Seamonkey has been the default browser/email client for several releases of Puppy Linux because it's so easy on resources, yet about as fully-featured as it's separate cousins from Mozilla.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

The Seamonkey Suite is nice. Good security controls on the browser. The Seamonkey HTML wysiwyg Composer is superb.

New Seamonkey Suite, 2.22, release date Nov. 22, 2013
[url]http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt/pool/main/s/seamonkey-mozilla-build/[/url]
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

Return to “Open Chat”