New features for Elyssa KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AK Dave

Re: New features for Elyssa KDE

Post by AK Dave »

I've thought about this some more and I think that the most important "feature" to include in Mint5KDE is to make it just as rock-solid stable as Mint4KDE. Oh please, not like when I upgraded Gutsy to Hardy.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

well an update to Elyssa KDE, I have uploaded beta019 for testing by the team.
I think all the nasty bugs are gone (appart from any hardy ones).
KDE is really a minor bug fix update unlike gnome so it should be more stable.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

Is there any way I can get this beta to try out?
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

I'll volunteer myself to beta Elyssa-KDE-b019 as well. I'll put it on the test partition where I currently have Elyssa-b032. Sure thing. But I'm not going to abandon my Daryna-KDE install for love or for money.
rhvkl

Post by rhvkl »

I've tested Kubuntu and ready to change (with the next KMint :D )

Probably I'me late, but here are my wishes:

a) green Look (blue is associated with bluescreen in my mind)
b) kde4, I guess it's already on board, right?
c) no koffice ... stay with openoffice, please
d) no gimp ... I like krita (looks similar to photoshop, but not that mighty at all)
e) no firefox beta ... my fav is opera (not opensource, which is a problem)
Tuxabuzer

Post by Tuxabuzer »

green Look (blue is associated with bluescreen in my mind)
AAaahhh noooo Please at least make the blue an option. Don't get me wrong, I like the green, would like it a little more if it was alien green on say black background :wink: . but please dont change anything, I love the whole look of mint kde 4
Just my 2 cents
John B
changturkey

Post by changturkey »

I'd like to help test too.
Magikx21
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Magikx21 »

I am also willing to give the beta shot, I'm getting bored with the other OS in my VM.
changturkey

Post by changturkey »

KDE 4.1 Beta 1 was just released. Beta 2 will arrive June 24.
technoshaun

Post by technoshaun »

For KDE3 Keep Konq, Dolphin is just not and never will be there for KDE3, however Dolphin in KDE4 is much better as many of the File Manager features in Konq have been deprecated in KDE4. Dolphin in KDE4 is seriously not the same as the one in KDE3. It looks similar but it runs much differently. The KDE4 Version Of Kontact is getting some heavy improvements and even one I suggested over two years ago, which is to add Task Juggler. That is going to happen now and if the The Kolab folks make use of it, it will be a major improvement to Project Management as people who are working on a project can keep tabs on what the others are doing. This way schedules, plans and other factors can be kept flowing so those who are dependent on others to do their part can work on other things if there is a delay on that particular part etc.

MS Office has nothing like it and if Kontact and Kolab make this work the way I suggested it will be a first and make many people give a more serious look to what open source is and can do. Kontact isn't really integrated with Koffice but they do share many of the same resources but I still prefer Open Office. However, It maybe feasible to scale back on what's installed from Open Office. The Word Processor, Spread Sheet and Maybe the Presentation is all. The rest is really nice but not all that used compared to those three components.

KDE4 Is still in early Adoptor Status and According to Aaron most likely won't be completely ready for production systems till sometime just before or after of 4.2 (4.1 will be released in July.) The apps are coming together quickly but many things still have to be done through KDE3 as there are no KDE4 replacements yet.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

I don't care if it is gnome, you need to keep gnome-do for Elyssa-KDE. Or a KDE equivilant, if such exists.

Return to “Software & Applications”