Make reporting bugs easier

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Brahim Salem

Make reporting bugs easier

Post by Brahim Salem »

I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D
nomko

Re: Make reporting bugs easier

Post by nomko »

Brahim wrote:I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D
Nice idea, but not realistic. If 1 admin is appointed to post every bug on Launchpad, he/she would have a fulltime job to do that. Now everybody is free to report bugs on Launchpad, all you need is an account to login. By doing this, it saves a lot of time for forum admin/mod's to read, check and rewrite/type over the bug on Launchpad. So, not realistic if you ask me. It's time consuming and i don't think that 1 person has that much time to do it voluntarily.

And a bug section on the forum is not a good place either while there's already a good place to report bugs: Launchpad.
elmar roberg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Make reporting bugs easier

Post by elmar roberg »

I agree that the reporting should be where it is. My issue is being able to get there.
Is it not possible to add an item in the Help Menu item (like LO's "send feedback"?
Many attempts have been made to have a consolidated bug reporting app, but for the non-developers it is all very confusing.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”