HP Linux supported printers.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

HP Linux supported printers.

Post by exploder »

Just in case anyone is trying to find a printer that will work. Here is a link that might help you out.

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_ ... index.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: HP Linux supported printers.

Post by rivenought »

Exploder,

Thanks for that excellent link. I have added it to my bookmarks. This will be extremely handy since I suggest HP printers to anyone who asks about brands to purchase. I am having a blast poking through the info.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

rivenought, I am glad you found the link useful. I am a fan of HP printer's too, they almost always work!
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

exploder wrote:rivenought, I am glad you found the link useful. I am a fan of HP printer's too, they almost always work!
I agree!! HP printers and Linux. the best way to print/scan!!!

nice link Exploder :D
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Hey guys I thought I'd mention that I believe this site is listing what HP printers are compatible with their HPLIP software, not Linux in general. For example I have an old HP Deskjet 722C (yes the old dinosaur still works!). It is perfectly compatible with Linux, and my nieces use it on a daily basis, but this website lists it as not "NOT supported by HPLIP". In case you were wondering I have indeed tried the HPLIP software, and is not able to see it or communicate with it. So don't count out an HP printer just because HPLIP is not compatible with it.

Return to “Hardware Support”