The second (and last) release candidate for Linux Mint 5 Elyssa is out and available for download.
Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_elyssa.php
Download page: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
Bugs are to be reported here in this thread.
Changes since RC1 (BETA 032):
- Upgraded to Firefox 3.0 RC1
- Upgraded to Flash 10
- Added mintBackup
- Added gnome-do-plugin-rhythmbox gnome-do-plugins
- Added aurora gtk engine
- Changed the way gnome do is launched (to full mode, not mini)
- Fixes in mintupdated (apt update if cache update fails) and mintAssistant (locked root account, cowsay)
- Changes in /etc/apt/sources.list (Romeo is now a section, not a release)
- Increased compatibility with Ubuntu Hardy (about 130 packages changed to reflect changes made by Ubuntu between the time we forked Edgy to their current Hardy release)
- Improved file sharing (added samba libpam-smbpass and nautilus-share, made shares-admin visible in the menus)
- Added seahorse
- Improved en-US language support, spell checking in particular
- Added bogofilter
- Fixed "About me"
- Improved printing support and added new drivers
- Improved bash completion when used behing sudo
- Fixed shutdown usplash problem
- Added a lot of nice wallpapers from the community
- Little touches in compiz (grey caps, addition of compiz-check script)