Terminal not working with xrdp

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wewa00
Level 1
Level 1

Terminal not working with xrdp

Post by wewa00 »

Merry Christmas everybody,

I want use xrdp and XFCE to remote control a Linux Mint 16 PC. I can already log in to the system remotely and work with the most applications. I only noticed, that I cant type anything into the terminal (so it is useless).

Whats the problem here, can you help me?

Best regards
wewa
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Terminal not working with xrdp

Post by cwsnyder »

I don't want to offend, but why are you using a GUI to attempt to open a CLI? Or is it that you want to have them both open at the same time? Otherwise, simply SSH in to the remote computer.
wewa00
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wewa00 »

Hy, I'd like to have them both open at the same time. It worked with every system I've used now (Ubuntu, Raspbian). Therefore I don't know why it should not work with Mint...
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

In order to report a bug, you first must specify which GUI terminal emulator you have tried that did not work. With Mint 16 Xfce, you have the xfce4-terminal and x-terminal available installed by default, not to mention at least half a dozen different terminal emulators which are not native to Xfce4 which can be installed and work fine under Xfce.

I am inferring that you are running Linux Mint 16 Xfce with all updates from your OP, correct me if I am wrong.

Alternative methods to get to the CLI include the Ctrl-Alt-F4, etc., function key combinations, selecting from the menu, and running xterm or xfce4-terminal from the dialogue box after pressing the key combination Alt-F2. Have you tried all of them to see if some work and some don't?
wewa00
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wewa00 »

Thank you for your answer. It helped me to solve my problem.

I use Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon. I had problems running Cinnamon over xrdp. Therefore I installed xfce, to use it while connected over xrdp. But I didn't install a xfce terminal. Now I installed the xfce4-terminal and this terminal works with xfce.

I also experience difficulties with authorization over xrdp, but I open a new thread for that.

Best regards

wewa

Return to “Software & Applications”