New Linux user Needs help: start-up error & raid(MDADM)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ChaseThomson

New Linux user Needs help: start-up error & raid(MDADM)

Post by ChaseThomson »

Hi all, before I get into my problem, I would like to first warn you that I am very new to Linux; however, from what I have seen so far it is awesome! I am not familiar with the shell, but I am very excited to learn, so please go easy on me in your explanations.

My problem:

Currently I am working on setting up my server with mint 16, all was working fantastic until I benchmarked my 6TB NTFS Raid0 and formatted my 1TB (non raid member) NTFS drive (these were both on auto mount). Now, when I restart my computer I am greeted with an error saying "wait, press S to skip or M to manually recover". If I press "S" all operates fine (at leasts it looks that way); however, when I look in my drive options for my raid all is greyed out, I am still however able to write too and read the array. My issue, is that I do not even know where to start to get this fixed. I have been searching the forums, and I believe the problem to be a "mounting point issue" I just don't know how to confirm that. I understand that I could take the easy way out and just start from scratch; however, I have already transferred 3TB into my array, and I would really like to not have to do that again. Also, re-installing would just feel like cheating, I would learn nothing, and that's just not my style; so, I am excited for this issue -- yeah for computer problems!

hardware:

Intel Desktop board (DH55PJ) - 5 series Intel processor w/ 4 Gigs Ram
Vantec - UGT-ST310R (PCI Raid Card)
3 - WD 2TB hard drives (raid0 striped using mdadm)
1 - Vertex 2 60 Gb SSD (operating system)
1 - WD 1TB hard drive
-- I am aware this is not the greatest hardware, but hey it was cheep!

Software:
Linux mint 16
mdadm

Happy New year everybody!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ChaseThomson

Re: New Linux user Needs help: start-up error & raid(MDADM)

Post by ChaseThomson »

Disregard this I wiped the drives and rebuilt the array...seemed to have worked

Return to “Software & Applications”