updated to MATE1.6, now i cannot log out!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

updated to MATE1.6, now i cannot log out!

Post by dexl »

I've just updated my LM13 Mate to include the latest Mate 1.6. Upon reboot, I saw this beautiful login screen. I managed to log in as one user, but now I'd like to log out and log in as another user. There is simply no way of doing that. When I log out, it takes me back straight to the user desktop I'm currently logged in as. Is this a bug? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20 MATE
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: updated to MATE1.6, now i cannot log out!

Post by karlchen »

Hello, dexi.

I assume either your account has not got a password or you have configured automatic logon. Anyway, I think that this reply might help you, too: Switch off MDM parameter "SelectLastLogin"

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

Re: updated to MATE1.6, now i cannot log out!

Post by dexl »

Hi, thanks for your reply, Karl. The problem actually got fixed by itself, I don't even know how. I just rebooted the second time by first shutting down the computer and switching it back on.
Linux Mint 20 MATE

Return to “Software & Applications”