Linux Mint 16: Can't view Déjà Dup Preferences

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fnadde42
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 16: Can't view Déjà Dup Preferences

Post by fnadde42 »

I have just recently migrated my digital life from Ubuntu 12.10 to Linux Mint 16. I am starting to get a little bit familiar with the environment but I have ran into a few problems, one of them being trouble with installing Déjà Dup. I go into the software manager and select the package deja-dup, install it but it does not appear in the menu. I enter the menu editor and see that deja dup is there but not "checked". I fix it and it appears in the menu. But when I run it it starts to backup immediately, without my permission. I go back in the menu editor and edit the properties of deja dup and the command is deja-dup --backup. Well, since I am familiar with the terminal, I open it and start deja dup with the command deja-dup-preferences. It seems to run ok (I have successfully made my first backup). Now I'm kind of a n00b as to how the relation between Ubuntu (where it works like a charm) and Linux Mint but clearly someone has to do something about this.

If you cant view the Déjà Dup Preferences panel: Here is a way to fix it:
  1. Right click on Mint Menu and Configure it
  2. Open the menu-editor
  3. Find DejaDup menu-post (it can be disguised under another name)
  4. Select the menu post and click Properties
  5. In the Command-field, type: deja-dup-preferences and click OK.
Now Deja Dup should start up showing the preference-panel.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
joshkdev

Re: Linux Mint 16: Can't view Déjà Dup Preferences

Post by joshkdev »

Thanks for the tip! This same issue was driving me a bit mad trying to sort it out.
Don_Pedro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Don_Pedro »

Yes, that drove me mad too !
I found this , very useful and could install.
It's in french but easy to understand : http://www.linuxmint-fr.org/forum/sauve ... t-il-.html
saludo
P
P.
Mint 21.2 64-bit , Cinnamon
Think Pad T420 Ram:8 GB Intel© Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 2 SSD Samsung- Firefox/Brave
jmt95
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jmt95 »

Thank's love Déjà dup!

Return to “Software & Applications”