Adobe Flash Plugin crashes in FF 26 & Opera 12

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
samandiriel

Adobe Flash Plugin crashes in FF 26 & Opera 12

Post by samandiriel »

No matter what the content or browser, the flash plugin crashes. Just displays the sad face brick and a message with option to submit a crash report. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the version installed via flashplugin-installer or mint-flashplugin-11 (11.2.202.332). Installing flash 10.2 doesn't work at all (asks me to install the flash plugin). Any ideas on what might fix the issue? Thanks!

Environment:
Mint 15 + MATE, fully up to date
AMD FX-6100 six core 64 bit
8GB RAM
SSD & HD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Previous1

Re: Adobe Flash Plugin crashes in FF 26 & Opera 12

Post by Previous1 »

"No matter the content", does that mean it crashes outside flash videos/etc too? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?
samandiriel

Re: Adobe Flash Plugin crashes in FF 26 & Opera 12

Post by samandiriel »

Previous1 wrote:"No matter the content", does that mean it crashes outside flash videos/etc too? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?
I don't run any flash outside of the browser, so if that's what you're asking I can't give any info.
Hardware acceleration is already disabled.
samandiriel

RESOLVED: Adobe Flash Plugin crashes in FF 26 & Opera 12

Post by samandiriel »

samandiriel wrote:No matter what the content or browser, the flash plugin crashes. Just displays the sad face brick and a message with option to submit a crash report. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the version installed via flashplugin-installer or mint-flashplugin-11 (11.2.202.332). Installing flash 10.2 doesn't work at all (asks me to install the flash plugin). Any ideas on what might fix the issue? Thanks!

Environment:
Mint 15 + MATE, fully up to date
AMD FX-6100 six core 64 bit
8GB RAM
SSD & HD
Inteterestingly, this problem disappeared when I was forced to purge and reinstall MATE recently... I have to wonder if there is some ongoing corruption happening somewhere on my drives.

Return to “Software & Applications”