[SOLVED] How to save ALSA settings?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Althorion

[SOLVED] How to save ALSA settings?

Post by Althorion »

Every time I reboot my computer, I have to set my ALSA settings again — set default sound card and change output. I have tried using sudo alsactl store, but it didn’t work. What can I do to make Mint remember my sound settings?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
perham

Re: How to save ALSA settings?

Post by perham »

you should also run

Code: Select all

sudo alsactl restore
at each boot. probably it's best to add it to your startup programs.
Last edited by perham on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Althorion

Post by Althorion »

You probably meant sudo alsactl restore (alsa is just a deamon). Thanks, now it works and I should have remembered that. Oh well, on my defence, I haven’t used a multi-soundcard PC for quite a while.

If anyone would have the same problem, I would advise you to change your sudoers file to enable running that command without typing password, just for your convenience.
perham

Post by perham »

Althorion wrote:You probably meant sudo alsactl restore (alsa is just a deamon). Thanks, now it works and I should have remembered that. Oh well, on my defence, I haven’t used a multi-soundcard PC for quite a while.

If anyone would have the same problem, I would advise you to change your sudoers file to enable running that command without typing password, just for your convenience.
yeah, sorry, typed fast without checking. I'm happy that you figured it out ;)

Return to “Software & Applications”