Volume remains at 100%

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JamDonut

Volume remains at 100%

Post by JamDonut »

Hi, I have an issue with the volume settings. I have installed Mint 14 with Cinnamon.

Using the volume icon on the right side of the taskbar I can change the volume. I'd like the OS to remember what I set this at so that each time I boot into the system, the volume persists at what I set it at.

What happens now is when I reboot the volume resets and is always at 100% so I have to change this each session. This is rather annoying as I need to remember to change this each time. I forget sometimes and either nearly blow my ear drums and/or wake the neighbours.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
typoknig

Re: Volume remains at 100%

Post by typoknig »

I have the same problem. I'm using Mint 14 64-bit with KDE. Would be very interested in a solution that always set volume where I last left it.
DisappearingOak

Post by DisappearingOak »

Same problem!
cih80

Post by cih80 »

I have got the same problem. Nobody knows any solution?
I have just found something like this:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&t=108206
I hope it will solve the issue but I thik it should be solved some other way - to be able automaticly store volume level at logout and restore at login.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

I have the same problem. I'm using Mint 16 Cinnamon 64bit.
computerbob

Post by computerbob »

It sounds like a driver problem to me. I'd turn off sound in bios, install a PCI sound card. Linux would certainly have the driver in its kernel. I recently had a sound issue with the onboard sound section. I found that they sell a cheap PCI card with the 9 pin Front panel header, if you need front panel sound . It's the ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card.
quaid

Post by quaid »

Same problem - 100% volume at login

Xonar DGX
Mint 16 64bit cinnamon
*-pci
description: PCI bridge
product: ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge
vendor: ASMedia Technology Inc.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:06:00.0
version: 03
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pci msi pm pciexpress normal_decode bus_master cap_list
resources: ioport:c000(size=4096)
*-multimedia
description: Multimedia audio controller
product: CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]
vendor: C-Media Electronics Inc
physical id: 4
bus info: pci@0000:07:04.0
version: 00
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=snd_oxygen latency=32 maxlatency=24 mingnt=2
resources: irq:19 ioport:c000(size=256)
lshw hardware report:
http://pastebin.com/GV2uk8EY

snd_oxygen is the loaded driver, which should be the same driver as the Xonar DG suggested as a solution above.

I was only recently able to get this card functioning after disabling IOMMU in BIOS, now have sound but also have this volume issue.
Reference: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=118289

Return to “Sound”