How to change windows-cling-to setting

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

How to change windows-cling-to setting

Postby mbman88 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 pm

NOTE: I've used Google and in all my searches I get nothing.. I HOPE someone here can help me!!!

I need to know how to change the setting that causes Windows to cling to straight lines. One of the primary places that windows cling to, of course, is the panel. Under my Cinnamon Settings menu there's very little choices.

Secondly.. (this is fixed) I would like to change the setting that causes windows to maximum if I left click and hold the window and drag it to the panel. (NOTE: My panel is on the top of the screen). BEFORE you respond, Keep in mind that I have attempted the Mint 12 method of using gconf-editor and instead of going into GNOME shell settings for windows I went to cinnamon since Mint 13 uses Cinnamon. I changed the edge tiling checkmark and THIS HAS SOLVED ONLY my problem of snapping to the panel for maximizing windows.

I still need the original problem fixed.. the settings for snapping to vertical and horizontal lines. I went to Windows to play a game that won't work on PlayOnLinux and found that it was much easier to operate than Cinnamon because of the smoother window movements since I move windows around frequently.
Last edited by mbman88 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbman88
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to change Windows cling setting

Postby mbman88 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:03 am

When any of you drag a non-maximized windows across the screen with other non-minimized AND non-maximized windows in the background, the window you are dragging will align to the straight lines of those windows, making movement in Cinnamon, when dragging windows, very difficult. This isn't a problem for most users, but I am one of the few. How do I disable this?
mbman88
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Cinnamon