Wiki changes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
akshunj

Wiki changes

Post by akshunj »

With the arrival of Mint KDE Daryna, I'd like to mention some changes on the wiki side of things. There's an entire section exclusively devoted to Mint KDE. And although it's not much to look at right now, I would like to invite everyone to help contribute to this potentially huge community resource. I've already put up a couple of tips & tricks of my own... :-)

--Akshun J
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
akshunj

Re: Wiki changes

Post by akshunj »

Nice job, dude. Thanks for the contribution!

--Akshun J
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

I've add the following under KDE Tips and Tricks:

Mounting USB devices in your XP Virtual Machine..........
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro
akshunj

Post by akshunj »

Nice! Now we're getting some action... Who's next???

--Akshun J
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

thanks...I have a couple of other when I settle down here. Things that I do over and over and over every time I install :)
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

Added to Tips and Tricks, "How to Add the Trash Can to Your Mint KDE CE Desktop"

Pile it on guys! Viva Mint KDE CE! :D
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

Added Section under KDE Edition, "KDE/Ubuntu Select Links"
Last edited by joutlan on Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Would anybody be interested in any of my stuff? If so I'll try to clean some of it up. Of course most of my stuff is not necessarily KDE specific.

Wish list of desirable topics you would like covered?

Fred
papabearak

Post by papabearak »

The Mint KDE community is welcome to copy, edit and use any of the wiki articles in the Klikit-Linux wiki. Many of them may need to be edited, and some screenshots replaced, etc., but there are many good how-tos in the wiki and most would be just as useful to Mint KDE users as they are to Klikit-Linux users. While I know that it is possible, (easy actually), to copy and paste entire wiki articles, screenshots and all, from one pbwiki to another, I'm not sure if the same is true with your wiki, as it does not appear to be a pbwiki. In any case, the Klikit-Linux Wiki is available for your perusal here:

http://klikit.pbwiki.com/

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Hardy-based version of Mint KDE. I currently have Daryna installed on my testing partition, and it is wonderful. Very nice work, guys, but unfortunately, it suffers from the same Gutsy core problems as the most recent Gutsy-based Klikit RC versions. In my view, Gutsy is fatally flawed and will never produce a fully functional OS, but I have high hopes for Hardy. Ben
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

I'm going to install Hardy-Kubuntu on sda3 to tide me over until Elyssa-KDE. I love Daryna-KDA, but I cannot accept Amarok 1.4.8 due to the fact that my iPod is a 6gen Classic and not supported short of 1.4.9 and libgpod.0.6.0, neither of which install on Gutsy/Daryna. And, I'm unhappy with Amarok's sluggishness on Gnome (compared with its peppiness and smooth integration on KDE). I love Daryna-KDE, but with it I've only been able to manage my iPod Classic by rebooting to Elyssa and kludging along with software that I'm not familiar with (rhythmplayer and gtkpod) and which doesn't seem 1/10th as useful for the job as Amarok. So its for Amarok 1.4.9 that I want Hardy-Kubuntu. Okay, and also to be able to run EnvyNG instead of Envy (legacy) and thus use the 8.47 ATI drivers instead of the 8.42 (proper suspend/resume on my laptop).

Interim kludge: anyone know if it is safe to enable Hardy repos for Daryna to update Amarok and libgpod and run them on Daryna?

Return to “Software & Applications”