[SCRIPT-MATE] Send email with Thunderbird using Caja

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Ronis_BR

[SCRIPT-MATE] Send email with Thunderbird using Caja

Post by Ronis_BR »

Today I installed caja-sendto and I realized that it does not have the option to send an email with attachments using Thunderbird.
Thus, I created a script that let you to send an e-mail attaching the files selected in caja. It also has options to compress these files into .zip, .rar, .tar.gz, and tar.bz2.
It is a good workaround until the thunderbird plugin is ported to caja-sendto.

You just need to download the file and copy it to the folder ${HOME}/.config/caja/scripts/
To use, select the files in caja you want to send, right-click->scripts->Send files using Thunderbird

Every comment and suggestion are welcome :)

Thanks,
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sevaux

Re: [SCRIPT-MATE] Send email with Thunderbird using Caja

Post by sevaux »

This is a very useful script.
Thanks.

I am trying to bind your script with a key like F12.
With nautilus, it was possible by modifying the accels file, but where is it in Caja?

Thanks for your answer.
M.
fr0d0

Post by fr0d0 »

sevaux wrote:This is a very useful script.
Thanks.
I am trying to bind your script with a key like F12.
With nautilus, it was possible by modifying the accels file, but where is it in Caja?
Thanks for your answer.
M.
Open mateconf-editor, navigate: desktop -> mate -> interface, tick "can_change_accels" ON. Open caja hover some menu item (eg: File->Scripts->[your-script-name]) and press desired hot-key. Don't forget to uncheck "can_change_accels" afterwards.
Another problem: these changes are wiped after restarting caja(eg: after reboot). Any ideas?
gurpal2000

Post by gurpal2000 »

Hi - where can i find the dev guide on how to write such scripts?
hughh

Post by hughh »

gurpal2000 wrote:Hi - where can i find the dev guide on how to write such scripts?
Try looking at Bash Guide for Beginners and Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide, both available at http://tldp.org/guides.html.
jibe
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jibe »

Hi,

Where to put the scripts, so that they can be used by any user ?

With nautilus, it was in /usr/share/nautilus-scripts, but there is no /usr/share/caja-scripts, and seems to not work when I try to create it...

PS : thanks for your script, Ronis_BR. Very nice ! :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”