Installing the german-language package of Libreoffice

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Minzen

Installing the german-language package of Libreoffice

Post by Minzen »

Hello,

I'm using Libreoffice on my LMDE-system. I installed the "office productivity suite -- German language package" but I read in the description that the spelling dictionaries aren't included. So I wanted to install the myspell-de package but I couldn't find it! I can only find other language (e.g.:myspell-en-us, myspell-hr) but not the myspell-de. Is there a way to get this package because I need to use the spelling check of Libreoffice.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsugi

Re: Installing the german-language package of Libreoffice

Post by kurotsugi »

the correct package is 'myspell-de-de' or 'myspell-de-de-oldspell' for the old orthography ones.
py-thon

Post by py-thon »

dict-de_de-1901_oldspell_2012-09-29.oxt ( http://extensions.libreoffice.org/exten ... ctionaries )
dict-de_de-frami_2013-12-06.oxt ( http://extensions.libreoffice.org/exten ... ctionaries )
Minzen

Post by Minzen »

Thank you kurotsugi, but I can't find the 'myspell-de-de' at my package management software. Is there a way to show it?

Thank you py-thon. I've added the 'dict-de_de-frami_2013-12-06.oxt' at the extension manager of Libreoffice but I'm unable to use the spelling check in Libreoffice. Is there a way to activiate it or anything alike this?
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

For your language, you must install the following packages:
- hunspell-de-de (dictionary) or hunspell-de-de-frami
- mythes-de (synonyms)
- hyphen-de (hyphenation)

Edit: py-thon (see below) is right. I still had these packages from legacy (for french language) and they are not required anymore. I only have myspell-fr now.
Last edited by eanfrid on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

in terminal, run 'sudo apt-get update && apt-cache policy myspell-de-de'. if it tells you that it unable to locate the package you'll need to add debian testing repo into your sources.list then run 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install myspell-de-de myspell-de-de-oldspell' else, if it can find the package simply run 'sudo apt-get install myspell-de-de myspell-de-de-oldspell'.
py-thon

Post by py-thon »

On my system there are neither myspell-de-de, hunspell-de-de, mythes-de nor hyphen-de installed. Spellchecking and hyphenation work without those packages. As far as I know current LibreOffice doesn't need those packages anymore (the version numbers show 3.3 or 2012).

After installing the oxt (click or doubleclick the oxt-file) you can see whether the language-package is correctly installed in Extras-Optionen. See attached photos. The small ABC-symbol before Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland) is important.
Sprache1.png
Sprache2.png
Edit:
If your package management software doesn't show myspell-de-de there seems to be some problem with your repository. Run

Code: Select all

mint-choose-debian-mirrors
to change to another download mirror. Probably you then need

Code: Select all

apt-get update
to load the current package list (might be the package list is automatically updated with changing mirror and this is not necessary).

Return to “LMDE Archive”