Intel 4965agn Support

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rec9140

Intel 4965agn Support

Post by rec9140 »

Any one using a wireless card with the Intel4965agn chipset, especially in Dell Vostro 1700 laptops.

Looking for comments on the Intel4965agn support in Linux Mint KDE version only.

New laptops being spec'd and I've got a choice between the current 3965ag chipset (I currently have laptops with this and LM KDE is OK, with an issue on the A side unresolved) or the 4965agn.

I've seen mixed reviews on works doesn't work, but alot of these are older posts. So I am curious to the current status of the 4965agn chipset.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Intel 4965agn Support

Post by Husse »

Info on the Intel4965agn
http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

Still looking for any one with real world hands on experience with 4965agn chipsets and Linux Mint KDE.

If you've got any machine with this Intel chipset and using Linux Mint KDE Darnya I'd like to hear about your experiences.

If you happen to have a Dell Vostro 1700 laptop with this chipset, even better, but I'll take responses from any one actually running LM KDE Darnya on anything with the 4965agn.

Thanks in advance.

I am holding up P/O on new laptops till I get confirmation on 4965 compatibility.
hotweiss

Post by hotweiss »

I have this card in my computer. It worked right out of the box in Ubuntu Hardy and Mint Elyssa. It's actually my best Linux wifi experience.
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

hotweiss wrote:I have this card in my computer. It worked right out of the box in Ubuntu Hardy and Mint Elyssa. It's actually my best Linux wifi experience.
Can you expand on this.....

802.11a (5.8ghz) worked? With what type of router or access point

I have Dell's that have the earlier variant the 3945abg and I can not get the 802.11a side to work with Netgear HE102 AP's, and I am interested to determine what others are finding on the 802.11a side on the new 4965agn variant.

Thanks.
hotweiss

Post by hotweiss »

There's no way for me to test the 802.11a/n functionality unfortunately. Besides that, I have never had any wifi issues, even the signal strength is represented correctly.
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

hotweiss wrote:There's no way for me to test the 802.11a/n functionality unfortunately. Besides that, I have never had any wifi issues, even the signal strength is represented correctly.
In my setup I am extensively 802.11a via Netgear HE102's. Dual band support is a requirement for me.

The older 3945abg can see the 802.11a's but won't connect for some reason.

Thanks for the input.

Any one who is using the 802.11a specifically, not the 802.11n side, comments on stability etc. would be welcome.

Thanks.
hotweiss

Post by hotweiss »

I just read somewhere that the 4965 card only supports b and g in Linux.

Return to “Hardware Support”