Installation ,problem with part 4 of 7

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steiLz

Installation ,problem with part 4 of 7

Post by steiLz »

Hi
I have the problem that Im not able to click on the buttons, like "New partition table" and "New partition" etc.
All the buttons are gray so I cant click.
(P.S.: Im new in Linux , so please explain for dummies :) )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Installation ,problem with part 4 of 7

Post by rivenought »

Have you tried clicking inside that big white rectangle on the screen that is a representation of your hard drive? If I remember correctly, you may have to click the mouse in that area for the buttons to activate and for the rest of the partitioning to occur. Good luck.
steiLz

Post by steiLz »

I tried (now) but it wont works too T_T
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

You may want to check with the drop-down menus, too. I know I have done it numerous times on different machines. Are you having fun yet?
steiLz

Post by steiLz »

Kinda dont see any Drop-Down Menus or smth. in the white rectangle :S
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

You should have drop-down headers such as "File, Edit, View..." You have to get to the point where you can make your first partition on that drive.

If this is your fist install of Linux Mint and you only want to put Mint on the drive, you may want to let the partitioner do it. That would mean going back a step and letting Mint guide you through. You may not want to manually partition your drive yourself. If you go with the default settings, you should be fine.

If you are trying to dual-boot with Windows or something like that, you may want to research further. I know it can get complicated.
steiLz

Post by steiLz »

The second point is right for me, but Mint kinda dont guide me through anywhere >.<
Or am I just too stupid? :oops:

Return to “Installation & Boot”