Can't access download sites

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rivenought

Re: Can't access download sites

Post by rivenought »

To which download sites are you referring? If you mean the main downloading site, you can find it at http://www.linuxmint.de/downloads.html . Is that the site with which you are having trouble?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I have Transmission. I click on the torrent file. The next box is where you choose to open with Transmission. Transmission then downloads the file. It is actually very easy once you have done it. It might be that you have some kind of firewall problem or torrent-throttling on your end. I wish you good luck with it, though.

I am unsure what is wrong with that link you sent. It is blank on my end, as well.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Transmission is the default option in Mint 5 for torrent downloads. Everything is all set up and good to go on my end. You may need to set up your default downloading program. I have never used Xubuntu or any of the Ubuntu distros, so not sure. Mint is the closest to Ubuntu I have been.

If you want to download the old-fashioned way, you can try downloading from another mirror instead of the previous one you tried. You can go to http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php?id=15 and choose HEAnet in Europe. That is where I have had the best speeds recently. Then, you can choose to download 4.0 or 5. You want to choose the file that ends in .ISO. Mint 4 Daryna is stable and Mint 5 Elyssa is in Beta testing. That should have you pointed in the right direction. Good luck and please post back with your results.

I have used Linux Mint Cassandra and Daryna previously. My other distros have been openSUSE and Mandriva. My machines currently run Mint 5 Elyssa GNOME, openSUSE 10.3 KDE, and Mandriva 2008.1 GNOME. Linux Mint is the easiest to configure out of the bunch. I always suggest it first before anything else.

You are right in the middle of Metro, I see. I am down on the coast near the beach not far from Savannah.

Return to “Installation & Boot”