XP and Elyssa RC1 installed - trying a clean upgrade to RC2

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SkyFly

XP and Elyssa RC1 installed - trying a clean upgrade to RC2

Post by SkyFly »

Hello!

I have Windows XP and Elyssa RC1 installed on my laptop. I have now read many posts here, and I see that everybody recommends to perform a clean install if you want to upgrade to RC2 from RC1.

But, I get a problem when I try to install RC2. I can either choose to resize, use 100% of the disk, or do it all manually. But, since I resized the disk when I installed RC1, I can't resize the disk again. It will then leave XP, RC1 and RC2 as boot-up alternatives. I dont't want to use 100% of the disk either, since I need XP.

So, all there's left to do, is the manual way. But, I don't really know what I'm seeing here, so I need your guys help. I took a picture of the screen with my mobilephone, so you can see the same thing as I do. What should I do as my next move? I want XP on one partition, and Mint RC2 on the 2nd.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SkyFly

Re: XP and Elyssa RC1 installed - trying a clean upgrade to RC2

Post by SkyFly »

Sorry, the pictures got too small. I try again:

You must click on the pictures to see them large.
Lantesh

Re: XP and Elyssa RC1 installed - trying a clean upgrade to RC2

Post by Lantesh »

I get the impression that you have a limited understanding of partitioning. That's ok we can make this easy for you. Go into the manual option and delete the two ext3 partitions and the swap partition. Now all you have left is Windows, and a large empty section. Then go back to the guided option, and let the installer do all the work.

Return to “Installation & Boot”