Banshee keeps resetting volume to 100%

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Brian777
Level 1
Level 1

Banshee keeps resetting volume to 100%

Post by Brian777 »

During the past few days, Banshee has started resetting the volume to 100% whenever I start it up, and sometimes when I just double click on a song in the list. This is extremely annoying, to say the least. Is there any known fix for this other than, say, dumping Banshee and trying Rhythmbox or some other program?

I am using LMDE Cinnamon Edition on a Dell desktop; I forget the model number but it is several years old.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hubert.banas

Re: Banshee keeps resetting volume to 100%

Post by hubert.banas »

Any updates on this? I'm seeing same behavior.
Thanks
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

This is related to flat volume.

Solution is explained here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio
Per-application volumes change when the Master volume is adjusted

This is because PulseAudio uses flat volumes by default, instead of relative volumes, relative to an absolute master volume. If this is found to be inconvenient, asinine, or otherwise undesireable, relative volumes can be enabled by disabling flat volumes in the PulseAudio daemon's configuration file:

Code: Select all

/etc/pulse/daemon.conf

flat-volumes = no

$ pulseaudio -k

$ pulseaudio --start
hubert.banas

Post by hubert.banas »

Unfortunately this solution is not working for me. BTW this is only when using Banshee. VLC for example works fine. Any other suggestions?
queson

Post by queson »

I did as You wrote in your first post- (replaced Banshee with Rythmbox) and it works perfectly
hubert.banas

Post by hubert.banas »

Yes Rythmbox works for me too but it doesn't integrate as nicely with OS as Banshee does. The current Banshee in LMDE is 2.6.1 and the one in Debian testing is 2.6.2 so maybe trying Banshee 2.6.2 from testing? Any thoughts?
hubert.banas

Post by hubert.banas »

Another bug in Banshee I noticed when I take master volume down to 0 will bring banshee volume to 0 as well which is expected. But then later I bring master volume up with no problems but banshee still stays at 0.
Zakep

Post by Zakep »

Works for me. Post as solved?
Rindo

Post by Rindo »

I have the exact same two problems: the volume is 100% when I play song (which is very annoying with my headphones on) and once I drop the volume to 0%, it stops the sound of the song even when I put the volume back up (the song is playing but with no sound)
I tried the solution above but it's not working.
I'm using lmde also
Rindo

Post by Rindo »

As an alternative, I'm using audacious. It has some plugins that permits it to be closed to tray and have a pretty good integration with cinnamon. just what I needed

Return to “LMDE Archive”