GDM

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
S_V_S

GDM

Post by S_V_S »

Hello everybody,

I downloaded a new GDM Theme, named Snow Canvas, I tried it and suddenly from that moment on, a black screen can't allow me to do anything.

Selecting everything ( with ctrl + A) there appear some words :« ReferenceError : Can't find variable mdm_set_current_user file:// usr/share/mdm/html-themes/Snow_Canvas/ 1 »

What can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: GDM

Post by karlchen »

Hello, S_V_S.

Maybe resetting the MDM configuration to some functional settings (mine) will help you get out of your plight.
Switch to one of the 6 pseudo console monitors by pressing <Ctrl><Alt><F1>. (This will take you to console tty #1.)
Then try to remove any reference to the malfunctioning GDM theme Snow_Canvas from your MDM configuration by following the steps explained here: MDM.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
S_V_S

Post by S_V_S »

ok Karl,
a friend of mine opened a Fallback mode of mint,
I don't know how he did it.

So I could change the GDM theme from the unworking one to another.
But I thank you anyhow, Karl!
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hey, S_V_S.

Great your MDM greeter screen is back to life and you can logon to your GUI again. - A bit of a pity we will never learn what exactly your friend has done. We would have loved to learn a new trick. :-)

Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”