Changing the Cinnamon Menu Contents

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pmgant

Changing the Cinnamon Menu Contents

Post by pmgant »

I upgraded to Mint 13 Cinnamon last night. So far everything is working but I can't find out how to edit the menu. When I click on the Menu button I see three columns, the middle one has Accessories, Office, Internet etc and the right one has the contents of the sub menu. There's also a new (different) menu on the left which has Shutdown, Log Off etc plus some useful applications such as Firefox.

How do I change the contents of this new left menu?

Right-clicking on the menu button only gives me the option of changing the middle and right menu contents.

P M Gant
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Changing the Cinnamon Menu Contents

Post by caribriz »

Hi,

To change the applications listed on the far left side menu - the Favorites menu:

For example, to remove the Firefox icon from Favorites menu:
Click Menu > Internet > right-click Firefox > click Remove from favorites.

To add an application to Favorites from the Menu, do the above, but right-click an application > click Add to favorites.
You can rearrange the order of the icons on the Favorites menu by dragging the icons up and down.

The Lock Screen, Logout and Quit buttons below the separator are permanent.
pmgant

Post by pmgant »

Got it, thanks.

The secret of course is to know what the new bits are called, after which you can find them in Google :roll:

Peter M Gant
Lord_Sunday

Post by Lord_Sunday »

Hopefully this isn't counted as spam or anything, cause I just wanted to say thanks for your solution. It helped a lot!

Anyways, I seriously hope they make t to where you can drag and drop. I'm thinking you're supposed to be able to, but that might be only on Linux Mint, since I'm just using Cinnamon desktop.

Return to “Cinnamon”