Mate-with-Mint: Best icon theme for Linux Mint 17

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Mate-with-Mint: Best icon theme for Linux Mint 17

Post by Brahim Salem »

I think these icons here http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=149368 are the best icon theme that Linux Mint can have and I suggest you include them by default on the next Linux Mint release.

Image Image Image
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Night Wing
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mate-with-Mint: Best icon theme for Linux Mint 17

Post by Night Wing »

I like all my icons to be the same size when they're on my desktop. On your screenshots, the computer and the home (house) icons are way too big for my tastes when compared against the other icons.

BTW, if you're going to suggest things be put into Mint with the things "you like" by default, I think you need to send these type of messages to the developers of Mint............in a private message, instead of a public message for all to see since some users of Mint might not agree with your suggestions.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Night Wing wrote:I like all my icons to be the same size when they're on my desktop. On your screenshots, the computer and the home (house) icons are way too big for my tastes when compared against the other icons.

BTW, if you're going to suggest things be put into Mint with the things "you like" by default, I think you need to send these type of messages to the developers of Mint............in a private message, instead of a public message for all to see since some users of Mint might not agree with your suggestions.
I sometimes make my home icon bigger. here is the normal look:

Image Image
Night Wing
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Night Wing »

I prefer the default icons that come with Mint.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”