XXamp or LAMP Package On Mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
websmoken

XXamp or LAMP Package On Mint

Post by websmoken »

I tried to install Apache, Mysql & PHP on mint from the package manager. The only thing it asked me was for my database password. All I managed to find was the www folder in var folder, nothing in the "All Applications". Looked from a - z several times.
I downloaded LAMP as an iso file and XXAMP as a gzip. Has anyone here installed one of these package before? Maybe I need another Distro, XXAMP is tested for SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake and Debian.
I use this for a production server locally for web pages. Had WAMP on other OS was great.

Oh BTW I would at delete all the post under "XXamp or LAMP Package On Mint". Their just taking up space in the database for nut'in, no useful info.
Thanks

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: XXamp or LAMP Package On Mint

Post by Husse »

to find was the www folder in var folder, nothing in the "All Applications"
And this means?
websmoken

Post by websmoken »

Thanks Guys For All Your Help.

FINALLY installed XAMPP

And it WORKED!! :mrgreen:
Husse

Post by Husse »

Obviously not my help :mrgreen:
websmoken

Post by websmoken »

:mrgreen: Yes you did, more then you realize. :mrgreen:
Learn by doing it yourself. Sorta like sex. :D
Husse

Post by Husse »

Good!
I hope you understand that I simply have to ask like I did - I do not have the time to sit and ponder what people mean if it's ambiguous or I don't get it right away :)
As you've discovered LAMP works that I knew - not familiar with XXAMP though
By the way - your site does not look so good in FF3 - something with your CSS - the center text (main text) is too wide - can be the font size I use
websmoken

Post by websmoken »

Husse
Since you don't want to leave this alone.
If you had read the:
websmoken wrote:tried to install Apache, Mysql & PHP on mint
then the:
websmoken wrote:All I managed to find was the www folder in var folder, nothing in the "All Applications

One could assume I was looking for what I had installed YA THINK?

As far as my website goes, I will frigging work on it as soon as I get this crap setup on this computer and figure out how to 1/2 way understand Linux. My site looks good (1024 * 768) in the Firefox that came in the Mint Package, The Firefox, IE7, Safari that WAS on Windows last week, hold on let me check Opera. Yep looks good in that too, sorry.
I've been able to keep MY bi-polar under control...Well most all the time.

Later Guy Have a good one.

This Topic Is Closed As Far As I'm Concerned.
Husse

Post by Husse »

All I managed to find was the www folder in var folder, nothing in the "All Applications"
Don't let us guess what you mean - nothing in the menu, nothing in what?
Do you want me to lock this topic, or maybe lock you out of the forum?
websmoken

Post by websmoken »

Husse

Do what you gotta do. I've tried 4 times now to close the door and you keep kicking it back open.

I'm a man and I'll apologize for what I've said/typed. It was late and had been working on this computer installing programs, learning the ins & outs of Linux all night and it probably wasn't the most "put together" post that 1 could make. Being a Windows user and making the transition to Linux requires some work and getting used to, at least for me.

Husse , I hope one of these days to be 1/2 as smart as you on linux. I've read alot of your post it seems like you really know your stuff.

I also apologize to the many readers that has read all these posts.

David
ldconfig
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ldconfig »

This is something all new linux users should read
http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

have a great day
ld

Return to “Software & Applications”