Anyone install the Mac theme onto Mint 16?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Darky

Anyone install the Mac theme onto Mint 16?

Post by Darky »

I've been looking around and there seem to be a lot of installation guides. I'm not sure which one to go with though. I was thinking about doing this one http://www.noobslab.com/2013/10/mac-os- ... ready.html .

I've always been pretty fond of the shinyness the Mac theme had, so if anyone is familiar with a good guide or perhaps it's a bad idea? I'm quite open as I just don't want to break Mint...it took a day to install. And then a week or two to find the solution to get my Wi-Fi & Ethernet up and running. Feel free to look up my only other previous post regarding RT3290 drivers if you're having a similar issue.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cypher-neo

Re: Anyone install the Mac theme onto Mint 16?

Post by cypher-neo »

I really don't think it will "break" Mint.

But the packages you have to install to get this theme, may pull in extra dependencies, which might in turn cause a few annoyances later on. As long as you can live with the oddities that occasionally come with customization, you should be fine.
Darky

Re: Anyone install the Mac theme onto Mint 16?

Post by Darky »

Well good to know, thanks! Anyone else with a similar experience?

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”