Wired internet connected but no internet access

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ThePerfectNewbie

Wired internet connected but no internet access

Post by ThePerfectNewbie »

I cant seem to get internet working on linux. I just changed my Isp because my prrvious one was using vpns. Now Im getting directly connected to internet but it doesnt work in linux and its annoying. Im looking all over thr internet, people are cimplying and nobody actually solves it. It pinga my ip which means the intetnet is fine and its perfectly working undrr windows buy not linux. On top of all somrthing is bugged I think its the kernel but when I open and close an applet next time I open something it freezes and I need to restart the pc. Please help me solve this Im getting really pissed off by this. I dont know how to share codes with you since I got no internet access on my pc. Every guide requires me to install some packages but im not connected to internet. How lame is that. Sorry for the harsh language Im not myself right now and im typing from phone ( sorty about mistakes too)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThePerfectNewbie

Re: Wired internet connected but no internet access

ThePerfectNewbie wrote:I cant seem to get internet working on linux. I just changed my Isp because my prrvious one was using vpns. Now Im getting directly connected to internet but it doesnt work in linux and its annoying. Im looking all over thr internet, people are cimplying and nobody actually solves it. It pinga my ip which means the intetnet is fine and its perfectly working undrr windows buy not linux. On top of all somrthing is bugged I think its the kernel but when I open and close an applet next time I open something it freezes and I need to restart the pc. Please help me solve this Im getting really pissed off by this. I dont know how to share codes with you since I got no internet access on my pc. Every guide requires me to install some packages but im not connected to internet. How lame is that. Sorry for the harsh language Im not myself right now and im typing from phone ( sorty about mistakes too)

HEEELP! Please help me get this thing running im getting desperate.
teilnehmer

AW: Wired internet connected but no internet access

Post by teilnehmer »

First: If you changed your ISP, enter the connection manager and delete the connection you've always used. Maybe some setting was right then, but isn't now.

Then, I'd be interested in your setup. Do you have a router? If yes, you should be able to access it by entering a certain IP address (something like 192.168.178.1 or 192.168.1.1 or similar) in your browser.
If you can't reach your router, you probably need to configure your connection to use the right IP-address, the right subnet mask and the correct gateway (the gateway is your router, so the gateway IP is the one your router uses).

If you do reach your router, check if the router is online. Maybe the router needs new settings because of your ISP switch?

What's the output of this:

Code: Select all

tracepath 4.2.2.2
Don't bother typing it in your phone, just post the last IP-address you successfully connect to and the first one that doesn't work.
ThePerfectNewbie

Re: Wired internet connected but no internet access

Im not using a router just a cable. This command displays nothing but my pc name - 0.206ms pmtu 1500
2487.286ms !H

Im open to suggestions but I need help fast. If someone more experienced wants to help I can give him a skype name to communicate faster. Ive got work to do and I dont have much time to fix this so plz help.
teilnehmer

AW: Wired internet connected but no internet access

Post by teilnehmer »

Oh, I see... sorry, I have no experience with a dial-up setup. Good luck!

Return to “LMDE Archive”