Dota 2 improvement

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Klenz

Dota 2 improvement

Post by Klenz »

Hi, iam new in linux(dual boot with windows). Recently i just installed petra cinnamon 64 bit. My VGA: [AMD/ATI]:Park[Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5370] and i used xserver-xord-video-ati (version 1:7.20-0ubuntu10)

First i was installing dota2 from steam. I didn't work out and give error " the GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, or the GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 + GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 + GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 OpenGL extensions. Please install S3TC texture support."
Solution : "http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... rt#p790131"

After that i could get into dota2. In windows i could play dota2 without any lagging or packet loses, however it do not work well with linux. So, could someone tell me which is wrong with my setting? Is there some driver i need to fix this? I really want to use linux as my primary OS, please dun ask me to just play from windows. Thanks before
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bushblade

Re: Dota 2 improvement

Post by bushblade »

Hi I'd love to know the answer to this too. I'm in the exact same position atm.
ConKop23

Post by ConKop23 »

I had the same problem. Try this - hope that i helps

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
Booman

Post by Booman »

I'm guessing it might be an AMD driver issue. Try an older or newer driver. Then try DOTA2 again.
bushblade

Post by bushblade »

It's definately the drivers. I switched to the latest drivers and it was fine. I've since got a Nvidia card though now, and that's running games no problems.
Booman

Post by Booman »

Awesome! Yeah, I have Nvidia for all of my computers. Mint 16 runs games really well on em. I'll never go to AMD.
bushblade

Post by bushblade »

Yeah I was lucky enought to get a friends gtx 460 card when he upgraded, vast improvement.

Return to “Gaming”