Cannot install citrix receiver

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
altae

Cannot install citrix receiver

Post by altae »

Does anybody know how to install the citrix receiver (icaclient_13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb) on LMDE 64 bit? All I get is a list of packages that are missing but I cannot install them. Please take a look at the output I got when I tried to install it. Where can I get those packages? Any help would be highly appreciated.
screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Cannot install citrix receiver

Post by Monsta »

This package seems too old, it depends on obsolete libs and isn't multiarch-compatible. Find a modern version.

And don't use dpkg, it's a low-level tool which can't install the dependencies. Use gdebi/gdebi-gtk/gdebi-kde.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Monsta wrote:This package seems too old, it depends on obsolete libs and isn't multiarch-compatible. Find a modern version.

And don't use dpkg, it's a low-level tool which can't install the dependencies. Use gdebi/gdebi-gtk/gdebi-kde.
also if i may add i don't think altae will be able to install the 64bit package;
try the 32bit deb of the citrix receiver (but even that one i think you'll have problems installing)
altae

Post by altae »

Thanks for the reply. But now I've got two more questions. Where should I get a newer package? That's the latest version, directly downloaded from the citrix website. And why should I try to install the 32 bit version on a 64 bit LMDE?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

altae wrote:And why should I try to install the 32 bit version on a 64 bit LMDE?
Because of Multiarch.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

1- apparently that is the newest version available; if that one doesn't work, you are out of luck; it means that it's not (yet) compatible with debian jessie/lmde.

2- as you saw in the output you posted citrix receiver is truly a 32bit package (even when it comes masked as 64bit deb: the same that happens with skype, wine, a few others; search for multiarch to know more >> or follow Monsta's link above :D )
so, yep, you should install the 32bit deb (even if your install is 64bit; that doesn't mean that it will work; see 1)
altae

Post by altae »

Thanks again. I will try and report :-)
altae

Post by altae »

No success. I guess I just have to wait for a version that works with the latest LMDE 64 bit :-( Good thing I still have my Windows 8 :-)
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

altae wrote:No success. I guess I just have to wait for a version that works with the latest LMDE 64 bit :-( Good thing I still have my Windows 8 :-)
altae;

I am in the process of updating to LM17Cin on 3 of my laptops... I have done 1 already. I installed LM17C32 on it (single core CPU with 1 GB or RAM). I D/L the 32 bit version of the Citrix package you refer to. I installed it on my newly installed system without any problems whatsoever. I did the installation graphically though... I just clicked on the .deb package and box opens... it tells you some information about the package and the dependencies... When I click install now, the package installed the ICAClient AND the dependencies quickly, easily, and without any problems or errors. On the first attempt at using ICAClient, I got an SSL error 61 so I had to move my certificates to the right location. Once I did that, everything worked great.

My recommendation to you would be to try the installation from the desktop not the terminal... I know that there should be no difference but I think it is worth the try.

I should be installing the 64 bit ICAClient on my other 2 laptops over the next week or 2... I let you know how that goes... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Reorx on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
bill4cyt

Post by bill4cyt »

Figured out how to do this tonight on LM17-MATE (32-bit)

1. Download and install the 32-bit .deb package for Citrix ICA Client from Citrix download page (http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... x-130.html).

2. Go to download folder and install graphically (not from terminal).

3. At the end of the install process, you should receive an error message: FAILED TO COMPLETELY INSTALL ALL DEPENDENCIES

 To resolve this issue, open terminal window and paste the following command: sudo apt-get install –f

4. Open Firefox and navigate to remote access site.

5. Login to remote access portal and click on REMOTE DESKTOP icon (it took 30-45 seconds the first time for me to get a response).

 If Firefox prompts you to open a .ica file, choose to open it with /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh, and tell Firefox to remember that choice.

 You might see the following error when accessing remote sessions: Citrix Receiver | SSL error | Contact your help desk with the following information:
You have not chosen to trust"/C=US/ST=/L=/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority/CN=", the issuer of the server's security certificate ((SSL error 61).

 If you see the above error, logout of remote session and close Firefox. Open a terminal window and paste the following command: sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts

6. Repeat step #4 and you should be able to access RDP. Again, it took nearly a minute for it to load, but I’m hoping that’s because it was downloading plugins in the background and future logins won’t take so long.

Good Luck!!
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

I should be installing the 64 bit ICAClient on my other 2 laptops over the next week or 2... I let you know how that goes...
Well, I did an install of the ICAClient on my home laptop which is running LM17C64... Used Synaptic and got the packed from the repos. The install went smoothly (just like my 32 bit system)...

I encountered another ICAClient problem recently and will be starting a thread about it later today... fortunately, the solution is simple... :mrgreen:

- R -
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
StuC

Post by StuC »

Here's what my Recipe looked like, yes it's a Hack!

Installing Citrix ICA under 64-Bit LMDE - what a joke!

Download 13er "64Bit" Client to /tmp
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
cd /tmp
mkdir ica_temp
dpkg-deb -x ./icaclient_13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb ica_temp/
dpkg-deb --control icaclient_13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb ica_temp/DEBIAN
sudo vi ica_temp/DEBIAN/control

#remove all but the first dependency and repackage

dpkg -b ica_temp icaclient-modified.deb
sudo dpkg -i icaclient-modified.deb
sudo apt-get install libxcb1:i386 libasound2:i386 libX11-6:i386 libXext6:i386 libXrender1:i386 libXinerama1:i386 libpng12-0:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libxtst6:i386

#check if anything else is missing by starting /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica

#Fix Certificates
cp /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.crt /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
PDXMike

Post by PDXMike »

Hello

Following along your hack (given my lack of success in getting icaclient 64-bit to work)

StuC wrote:Here's what my Recipe looked like, yes it's a Hack!

Installing Citrix ICA under 64-Bit LMDE - what a joke!

Download 13er "64Bit" Client to /tmp
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
cd /tmp
mkdir ica_temp
dpkg-deb -x ./icaclient_13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb ica_temp/
dpkg-deb --control icaclient_13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb ica_temp/DEBIAN

When I run this:
sudo vi ica_temp/DEBIAN/control
terminal shows this:
Package: icaclient
Version: 13.0.0.256735
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Citrix Systems, Inc. <debian.package.support@citrix.com>
Installed-Size: 23420
Pre-Depends: debconf (>= 0.5)
Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1), lib32z1, nspluginwrapper
Section: utils
Priority: extra
Homepage: http://www.citrix.com
Description: Citrix Receiver for Linux
Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applications, and
desktops from your favorite device wherever you are. Just ask your IT
department how to get started.
Followed by a bunch of lines with single tildes and does not return to a command prompt. When I attempt to close the window I receive warning that a process is still running.

Ignoring that and focing the terminal closed, I then proceeded to run the next few commands. When I got to:
sudo dpkg -i icaclient-modified.deb
It returned:
Selecting previously unselected package icaclient.
(Reading database ... 150057 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack icaclient-modified.deb ...
Unpacking icaclient (13.0.0.256735) ...
Setting up icaclient (13.0.0.256735) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/icaclient.postinst: 2202: cd: can't cd to ../help
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/help/index.htm’: No such file or directory
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.10.1-0ubuntu2) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1) ...
I pressed on, and ran the remaining commands. Running /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica returned the error message:
The section "ApplicationsServers" must contain an entry"(null)"
The last check returned a comment that:
‘/usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.crt’ and ‘/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.crt’ are the same file
Do you have any idea what might be going on here (note: I'm rather much a noob to command line operations, although I've been attempting various solutions proposed in different forum threads)

Thanks

Mike H
StuC

Post by StuC »

Hi Mike,

don't worry, I've been doing this for 20 years and I am still learning. What counts is the will to try, ask and learn:

The vi command opens an editor, the vi is an editor that is delivered with virtually every flavor of unix and I'd recommend getting to know it.

what we are doing is editing the package control file so that it installs without checking the dependencies.

we are turning this line:

Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1), lib32z1, nspluginwrapper

into this:

Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1)

you can do this with any editor.

after that we use dpkg-deb -b to rebuild the package and -i to install it.

so at this point we got everything to the point where it'll install the package.

It should install cleanly.

If you have been trying various other solutions it might be a good Idea to clean up first and remove any previously installed ICAClient, nspluginwrapper etc.

the reason the last step says that the certificate file is already there is, I suspect, down to previous attempts.

So after you've installed everything start firefox, go to your citrix login and when it offers to start the .ica file with gedit (or whatever) select another app, and use the file picker to choose the /opt/ICAClient/wfica reciever executable.

It takes a moment to start, but I can assure you that it does work.
cdg34

Post by cdg34 »

Just my few cents as this thread was really useful to me.
Third time I install Citrix receiver on new Linux Mint release, third nightmare.
I come to make it work at the end but I eventually tripped into "sticky" SHIFT and CTRL key (eg once used, the key did not release). So if your are also stuck in this, you should look to:
http://looselytyped.blogspot.fr/2014/08 ... -with.html
/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config/module.ini -->Replace 'UseLocalIM=True' with 'UseLocalIM=False'.
which solved the whole thing for me.

Cheers!
coolbreeze

Post by coolbreeze »

I followed the steps exactly and it worked:)
Kudos to bill4cyt

bill4cyt wrote:Figured out how to do this tonight on LM17-MATE (32-bit)

1. Download and install the 32-bit .deb package for Citrix ICA Client from Citrix download page (http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... 130.html).

2. Go to download folder and install graphically (not from terminal).

3. At the end of the install process, you should receive an error message: FAILED TO COMPLETELY INSTALL ALL DEPENDENCIES

 To resolve this issue, open terminal window and paste the following command: sudo apt-get install –f

4. Open Firefox and navigate to remote access site.

5. Login to remote access portal and click on REMOTE DESKTOP icon (it took 30-45 seconds the first time for me to get a response).

 If Firefox prompts you to open a .ica file, choose to open it with /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh, and tell Firefox to remember that choice.

 You might see the following error when accessing remote sessions: Citrix Receiver | SSL error | Contact your help desk with the following information:
You have not chosen to trust"/C=US/ST=/L=/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority/CN=", the issuer of the server's security certificate ((SSL error 61).

 If you see the above error, logout of remote session and close Firefox. Open a terminal window and paste the following command: sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts

6. Repeat step #4 and you should be able to access RDP. Again, it took nearly a minute for it to load, but I’m hoping that’s because it was downloading plugins in the background and future logins won’t take so long.

Good Luck!!
hugo.router

Post by hugo.router »

Hi All,

Having tracked down this thread and of course suffering the same issue I followed bill4cyt's instruction - quote below - and this worked. Please note I'm using 32 bit Mint 17.1 Cinnamon and Chromium as the browser. I don't know what magic bill uses but the license registration worked.
Postby bill4cyt on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 am

Figured out how to do this tonight on LM17-MATE (32-bit)
--H

Return to “LMDE Archive”