[SOLVED] Broken copying photos from camera and phone

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TarasMK
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Broken copying photos from camera and phone

Post by TarasMK »

Hi All,

After upgrade to UP7 I came to very annoying problem that I can not copy photos from my camera through usb connection and phone through bluetooth connection. I can browse devices in both cases but when I try to copy files it says:
"Action is not supported by driver".
What does that mean and how I can fix that?

Thanks!

p.s.: eog shows photos on double click, so actual data transfer from devices...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
py-thon

Re: Broken copying photos from camera and phone

Post by py-thon »

I have the same problem since UP7, see http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=146167
As far as I know there is still no real solution.
As a workaround you can use Shotwell or a card reader to import your photos. No idea about bluetooth, I am not using BT.
Shoggles

Post by Shoggles »

I have the same problem. Can't import from my Canon cameras using gthumb OR copy and paste in caja.

I left updating to Update pack 7 for a couple of months after it came out in the hope that any problems might have been sorted, but that's obviously not the case.

What a pity. I had such high hopes that LMDE would free me from the regular update syndrome which I used to have with Ubuntu, and after sitting through some 1300-odd updates, I really hoped that it would work.

Oh well. Luckily, I took the most important precaution of doing a full backup before updating (bless you, Redo Backup) and am back to where I was before. Time to look for a more reliable distro, I think.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Have you checked this thread for possible solutions?
Shoggles

Post by Shoggles »

I tend to agree with Palimmo's comments on this one. After all, it's a pretty basic thing with a computer nowadays, importing pictures from a camera.

uvajed first reported this problem way back in September - it's now near enough January and still the best that can be done is to suggest downgrading gvfs?

Anyway, it's too late for me. I'm not going to bother installing a huge 'update' again, then try to fix it. I'm looking for something better. (And as an aside, this wasn't my only problem with UP7.)
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

If you don't get a better solution, here's what I did on Arch, where I was too dumb to get it to recognize a camera.

Command-line scripts:

# cam_ls:
# show all files on the camera (in all directories).
gphoto2 --list-files
# EOF cam_ls

and

# cam_get:
# copy all the files to current directory:
gphoto2 --get-all-files
# EOF cam_get
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
TarasMK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TarasMK »

After some upgrades everything works for me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”