Customizing keyboard keys in Cinnamon

About writing shell scripts and making the most of your shell
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Customizing keyboard keys in Cinnamon

Post by zorbama »

Hello!
After discovering the great possibilities that can be achieved with key levels in keyboard layouts, I got quite excited. I put an international US keyboard, and I'm happy to be able to write Spanish, Esperanto and English without changing the layout. It's pretty sweet.

As I also use Hebrew, I use two keyboard layouts: the US international, and Hebrew. I have no problem with this, but I would like to modify some keys in the Hebrew layout, just to have some characters ready faster. I tried to modify the keys using xkb configuration files, but I don't think cinnamon is using those files, at least not directly. For example. when I tried to use xkeycaps to modify the layouts, another Hebrew layout was added with my modification, but it was not listed in the applet, so I had some strange three-layout configuration.

Is there a way for me to modify the keys, using the two layouts that I have? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

-Amir
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Inspiring quote" -Inspiring Person

Return to “Scripts & Bash”