Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Post by tenfoot »

A simple questions but I seem unable to find the answer :cry:

Where does Firefox write its Bookmarks and other configuration data in LinuxMINT - both Daryna and Elyssa, please? I recently upgraded my T60 to Elyssa and even though I backed up the Home directory, I lost all Firefox config information. I don't want the same thing to happen when I upgrade my desktop.

Tenfoot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Post by 67GTA »

/home/your_username/.mozilla/firefox The .mozilla folder is hidden, so you have to tell nautilus to show hidden folders to see it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

67GTA wrote:/home/your_username/.mozilla/firefox The .mozilla folder is hidden, so you have to tell nautilus to show hidden folders to see it.
Thanks for the prompt response. All is now well!

tenfoot
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

You can create a personal profile that contains all your Firefox preferences and you can place this profile where ever you want it by using the Profile Manager (add -profilemanager to the end of your Command in your Application link) Example:
firefox %u -profilemanager
This will open the profile manager and then just name your profile and browse to the directory you want to keep it in (must create the directory)
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

donec wrote:You can create a personal profile that contains all your Firefox preferences and you can place this profile where ever you want it by using the Profile Manager (add -profilemanager to the end of your Command in your Application link) Example:
firefox %u -profilemanager
This will open the profile manager and then just name your profile and browse to the directory you want to keep it in (must create the directory)

Thank you. I'll do that when I've solved my other problems. Explained in other posts.

tenfoot

Return to “Software & Applications”