Will mint xcfe appear and work the same in v.17?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zippytex

Will mint xcfe appear and work the same in v.17?

Post by zippytex »

I am using the latest current update of xfce and loving it. I read about a change that is coming to 17. As I understand it, the base will be changed from ubuntu to debian. Maybe that statement is incorrect. What I want to know is the will the new mint 17 xfce work the same as it does now? Thanks so much. Mary
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Crewp

Re: Will mint xcfe appear and work the same in v.17?

Post by Crewp »

zippytex wrote:I am using the latest current update of xfce and loving it. I read about a change that is coming to 17. As I understand it, the base will be changed from ubuntu to debian. Maybe that statement is incorrect. What I want to know is the will the new mint 17 xfce work the same as it does now? Thanks so much. Mary
Mary, LM 17 will not be based on Debian, but on Ubuntu 1404. Clem has thought to base the next few LM releases on the LTS version of Ubuntu ( But a final decision has not been made yet ) So that statement was wrong, but you can expect your XFCE to work as well, or better under LM 17

Linux on Mary :mrgreen:
rkmugen

Re: Will mint xcfe appear and work the same in v.17?

Post by rkmugen »

Still on-topic, but I just want to say that I'm hoping that, with the upcoming LTS base, support for my older hardware (detailed in my signature below), will still be there. Like, I mean.... if it works just fine in LM13 xfce, I hope it continues onto LM17 xfce (it didn't do so well in LM14 through 16..... driver/xorg/mesa/opengl (maybe kernel.... I don't know how to differentiate what causes what) issues, and a lack of compiz (two features are an absolute 'must' for me).

Return to “Xfce”