I can't install with software manager

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
aurquiel

I can't install with software manager

Post by aurquiel »

I did a fresh install everything is working fine but i can't install applications with the software manager, the software manager opens correctly and shows the applications but when i double click in any applicaction nothing happens.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: I can't install with software manager

Post by Kalyk »

Did you also try synaptic, it is also in the menu.
And if the command line doesn't scare you then try

Code: Select all

apt-get update
apt-get install something
The advantage of doing apt-get is that error messages come through directly so you see what is wrong.
And if you don't know what it means then just past it in this forumpost.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.
py-thon

Post by py-thon »

The software manager sometimes is buggy in my experience. Probably it works fine after the next reboot.
If you don't like Kalyk's solution via terminal and prefer something with GUI you can also use the package management (synaptic) to install or uninstall packages. The disadvantage of both solutions is that you already have to know the name of the package/program you want to install whereas the software manager let's you search for something and gives some information about the program.
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

aurquiel wrote:I did a fresh install everything is working fine but i can't install applications with the software manager, the software manager opens correctly and shows the applications but when i double click in any applicaction nothing happens.
I had the same trouble, it is a bug, and has been reported. Hopefully, the dev's will come up with a fix.

Return to “LMDE Archive”