Hiding a desktop icon

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Hiding a desktop icon

Post by ambertone »

Hi all, I have mint in a computer which also has a "C" partition with Microsoft XP. This puts the icon for that partition on the desktop. Is there anyway to hide it?

Cheers

Rod
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

Thanks for that, I must admit I've played with many Linux's over the years, Mandriva, Suse, Fedora etc and always found "something" I did not like but Mint is slick. I love it and find myself using it more and more.

My son now uses Mint and my daughter a Mac, needless to say they don't have many spyware / virus problems anymore.

Rod
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

Thanks Mumbo, yes that did it.

Yes Mint is the best I have seen and the desktop "makeover" in Bianca is sensational. This is also the first distro I have used where I started donating to because I appreciate it so much.

I used to prefer the KDE desktop but Gnome is cool with this one. Now that Bianca with KDE is out I'll have to fire up another PC and have a "play"

Cheers

Rod
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

OK, did I get that right? Did I see KDE Mint somewhere or did I have to much wine......... *LOL*

Rod
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

Hmmm, I unticked the box: show mounted volumes and the icon is still there. Is this a "bug"?

Rod
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Note: mintdesktop doesn't manage mintdisk icons... only volumes mounted by Gnome itself. For mintDisk to stop showing its own volumes go in mintDisk and uncheck show icons.

Clem

Return to “Other topics”