Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit ; LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 as installed by LMDE

I was trying to change some icons used in the LibreOffice toolbar [example : LO Writer-Tools-Customize-Toolbars-(select command)-Modify-Change icon] when I realised that some of the icons are missing in the base installation of LO, example is .uno:CountAll which is what appears in the list of icons instead of the icon itself.
Is there a simple way for a newbie to get hold of the missing icons and install them ?

Also, the icons in LO are pretty monochromatic (a few have some colour), and while I can't say I have seen many coloured icons in LO, they certainly have mostly coloured icons in ApacheOpenOffice which I use on XP. I find the coloured icons in AOO much nicer to use than the mono ones in LO.
Is there a simple way for a newbie to use coloured icons in LO on LMDE ?

| from looking at the LibreOffice documentation, it appears that coloured icons can be used in LO.

Ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Icons for LibreOffice toolbars

Post by kyphi »

Yes, I agree those monochrome icons are most unattractive. There are several styles for the Libreoffice icons in synaptic. Here is one that I use:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-style-galaxy
See if you like it.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ron_h »

Super, thanks

I used Synaptic Package Manager to find and install the libreoffice-style-galaxy package, and found that it was enabled by default in LibreOffice. At first glance it looks just like the style I am accustomed to in Apache Open Office on Windows.

Ron
fred19

Re: Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

Post by fred19 »

Thank you, that's a great improvement.
Probably being very dim but in the Calc program I can't find Autosum. Had a look in toolbars/customise but can't find the little jigger.

Where is it?
Brn

Post by Brn »

kyphi wrote:Here is one that I use:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-style-galaxy
Thanks a lot !

Return to “LMDE Archive”