Audigy 2 problems updating to Mint 5.0 semi-solved

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
opaArt

Audigy 2 problems updating to Mint 5.0 semi-solved

Post by opaArt »

Updated from Mint 4 to Mint 5.
My Audigy 2 Sound Blaster, card is recognized, but whatever settings I try, no sound is coming from the sound card, plugging in to the On Board PC device gives me sound. Re-installing Mint 4, restored the use of my Audigy 2 sound system.
Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Audigy 2 problems updating to Mint 5.0

Post by Husse »

I found this
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install linux-ubuntu-modules-$(uname -r)
which solved it for someone else
Lets hope that these linux-ubuntu-modules does not make your system less minty
This is only for Elyssa
opaArt

Post by opaArt »

Thanks for your reply.
Performed update as suggested, still no sound from the Audigy Sound Blaster, but when plugged in to the on board sound system, I do have sound. But according to my BIOS the on board sound system is disabled. And I prefer to use my Audigy sound card, what again works flawless in Mint 4 Daryna.
My Motherboard is ASUS A8V deluxe, with Processor AMD Athlon 64 3000. I know it is getting an old unit, but still performing well.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have a strong feeling I answered this....
And I've forgotten what the answer was - oh well have to search again....
Anyway I think Creative has released a Linux driver recently...
opaArt

Post by opaArt »

Thanks Husse. But no luck for me. Running modinfo soundcore confirms that the soundcore module is compiled. I also tried to re-install the Alsa driver from the Audigy website, but no success. Alsa already consists message comes up.
I feel that there is something definitely missing or wrong with Mint 5.0, because the sound comes from my disabled on board device. And a re-install of Mint 4 has everything working properly.
For that reason Mint lovers, (and I am one of them), stick to Mint 4.

Return to “Software & Applications”