All My Files Locked???

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaddy

All My Files Locked???

Post by kaddy »

Hi guys. I just installed mint elyssa gnome, and have got a minor problem.
i'll probly figure it out by the time somebody posts a solution as im still putting my backup on here, but.....

I have all my backup on cd/dvd's, as soon as i copied them to my install, all my files are locked and i cannot
move or delete them. I don't want to delete them, i know how to do that, but Why the heck are they all locked???
and how do i remove the lock on all these files? I tried copying the same backup to my other computer which has Mint Darnya gnome on it,
and it didn't have this problem with having the files locked.... so it must be something to do with Elyssa..... a bug maybe?
Anyways, How do i remove the lock so i can do what i like with my files......
I tried running nautilus as root and changing permisions on the files to read/write..... but for some reason, it changed back and doesn't save it.
HELP!!??? :)

thanx :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaddy

Re: All My Files Locked???

Post by kaddy »

Ah, Nevermind. Fixed it.
I did the nautilus as root user again, and made sure the permissions
were set to create/delete and read/write permissions and applied it to
enclosed folders and it worked :)
silly me.
hope that helps somebody else ;)

don't know why my backup shows up as read only on this, and on my other puter, it doesn't
have that restriction :s
but ahwell. its all good now :)
rivenought

Re: All My Files Locked???

Post by rivenought »

I was about to suggest checking the permissions, but I see you got it figured out. Excellent!

I have done my file transfers with a flash drive. I do not have much, so it is easy to do. I have not had this permissions problem yet, but I have read about it. Glad you are up and running!

Return to “Software & Applications”